It’s been a while since I have updated everyone on the life of times of me. And although I’m sure the Facebook and Instagram have let you into a glimpse of what is my life I thought I’d put it into words since let’s be honest on occasion I can be quite funny.
It’s been almost two years since I have last wrote a blog post so in order to expedite the process and get you all up to speed I will just say that a lot has happened.
Cliff Notes: My best friend Whitney had a baby. I have the same friends one of them still being Melissa who I still want to murder. There have been new jobs. New friends. New loves. Same drinking tendencies.
In my last post I talked about what turning 26 meant to me and listed the things in which I would try to not do and/or do. As I am quickly coming upon yet another birthday in which I find myself turning 28 I thought I would update you as to how my 26-year old goals turned out.
1. I will no longer drunk dial my grandma – I think I’ve done a pretty job of not doing this. Although this may be perhaps because I have tried to put myself on phone restriction when drunk and not call and/or text anyone. My next goal is to not drunk facebook post.
2. Spend an excessive amount of money on alcohol over the course of a weekend – FAIL.
3. Buy shots for everyone at the bar which leads to a ridiculous bar tab – FAIL.
4. Lose my driver’s license at bars – FAIL. But I have consistently carried my passport around with me for the past year and haven’t lost that so that has to mean something.
5. No longer will I accumulate a large amount of parking tickets – FAIL. All those pretty roads you are driving on and the improvements they are making around the city of San Diego – You’re welcome.
6. I will save money – Please see above excessive amount of money spent at bars failures.
7. I will no longer fantasize about being adopted by the Jolie-Pitts – I no longer fantasize about being adopted by them. I do however think that I should have been a Kardashian. Auntie Kris Its Me!
8. I will be on time for work. (Ok, well I will try to be on time for work) – Define on time.
As you can see not a lot has changed since my last post other than my sexual preference -- although that happened sometime back in 2009 or 2010.
Don’t get me wrong some things have changed and although I do like to talk about alcohol a lot I am not an alcoholic – mainly because I don’t go to meetings. And let’s be honest no great story started with “So I was eating a salad.” Most great stories start with “so I was at a bar” or “so I woke up with my pants off” usually after a night of drinking. But before I go off on another tangent with my ADD driven mind I will just say that some things have changed and I have matured a lot. Now, instead of being like an 18 year old, I’d say I’m more of a 23 year old in maturity. Huge difference.
So I need to save money. And I need to start taking better care of my stuff and myself. Let’s be honest at times I have trouble taking care of myself. Example – For whatever reason I am always out of toilet paper and then I’ll move to paper towels. Many a times I have had to borrow some TP from the neighbors. And at one point I was sitting on the toilet and had to call my neighbor to bring some to me in the bathroom. Lesson to be learned here – you don’t want to be my neighbor.
But back to being on the cusp of turning 28 and the things I want to do in my old age well....I need to think about what it is I want to do and set some goals. I shall update you all (Grandma, Mom and the one other person who reads this) as to what those are soon enough.